Donnerstag, 8. Januar 2009

Death Of A Salesman ...

I just finished "Death Of A Salesman". I don*t want to spoil anybody right now, even though one thinks they can easily imagine what the book is about. Well, baby, you maybe are wrong.

The book deals with the story of the salesman Willy Loman, who is exhausted because of his work. As for others, he talks to himself, but as for him, he always sees scenes from his past or people that used to play an important role in his past, and starts talking to them, asking them questions, etc. Throughout the book I didn*t know who to pity most tbh. Mainly Willy of course, but also sometimes the people around him - his neighbour Charley, Charley*s son Bernard, or his wife Linda maybe? The situation gets worse and worse for him and his family actually. At least in my holy opinion.

All in all, I think it was worth the time I spent reading it. It*s a sad story, yes, and also something that might happen to everybody who works too much, or who is too determined to reach certain goals. I currently wonder whether I will end this way one day, but there is no necessity to talk about this right now.

Mmh. Besides that, I still have to finish "Effi Briest" ... I already read one page more in this book (YAY~!!), which isn*t much, I know. -o- But at least it isn*t as bad as in the beginning anymore.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen