Donnerstag, 15. Januar 2009

Music therapy :)

Maybe some of you guys know already that I once considered a career as a music therapist. However, because of various personal reasons, and because my enthusiasm vanished soon, I didn*t continue walking this path, and tried to concentrate on making music, composing, etc. It was best those days, since I was somewhat lost on the way.

However, the idea came back to me. This time, I think this would be a wonderful job for several reasons, and I really want to do an internship with a music therapist, a psychiatric unit, or something like this. I am not scared of those people because I have been in the situation myself; I don*t want to say "I know what they think", but I*d be willing to help them and give them something that will make them happy, that will cheer them up, or help them overcome fears ... But it*s not only that. I*d feel "useful", I*d feel like I am doing something good for others, and for myself.

There are things I am scared of, though. But all these have positive sites, too. It isn*t a job one can finish at a certain hour and then quit thinking about it. You have to make plans and think about ways to get "through" to others (at least that*s what I think), but it also means there will never be boredom. I am scared that people might not allow me to study music therapy because of my disease, but on the other hand, I am taking my medication, I am young (at least imho XD), I didn*t fall back into old behaviour ... I accept people the way they are, and I would never judge somebody just because of his or her mental disease. One cannot imagine how lovely people in such institutions can be. Same goes for old people, or people with handicaps. I am not scared of them ... Just of making mistakes.

However, I want to do this internship, and I already found some adresses of music therapists, etc. and I will have to ask this organization some questions :). Also, it seems like one can do a semester or so outside Germany, which would be great. ^o^ Oh yeah, and I am scared of the entrance examination ... But on the other hand, for example, I can play my emotions on the guitar. And I want to start taking guitar lessons again soon. AND I also think that the internship prepares you for the entrance examination :).

I am just wondering whether one can study it along with other subjects. It seems like this is not possible, but I will find ways how to continue studying other subjects after I got accepted.

I want to bring joy to other people*s lives. Not just because of my own selfishness. I know how much it helped me when I was able to play the guitar or sing or do something else musically when I felt so down. Ah well ...

At least it is an idea. I will ask my psychiatrist whether I am able to do this. I didn*t want to ask last time because I thought if the idea vanishes again, it wouldn*t be that nice ... But helping others, combined with music, and always learning new things, and making others happy ... This sounds like a dream job ^_^.

So let*s hope for the best.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen